Our Community - Attractions
There is so much to do and see in Bay City! Here is just a sample of what our community has to offer:
- Bay City Downtown District - It's time to discover the beautiful splendor that is Downtown Bay City. An area loaded with history, the city's vibrant downtown is highlighted with historical architechture, creating a unique, one of a kind shopping, dining, and residential district. During summer months the downtown river front plays host to live music features, art walks, and attractions such as The Dow Bay City River Roar, The Bay City Fireworks Festival, and the Labadie Pig Gig.
- Bay City State Park - Featuring over one mile of shoreline and 2,000 acres of wetland woods, this area is an ideal place for wildlife viewing, hunting, swimming, picnicking and fishing.
- The Van Buren Street Theatre - Established in 2005, this theatre hosts incredible shows with its Greek-revival architecture, stained glass windows, and domed ceiling.
- State Theatre - The All-New Bay City State Theatre...Mid-Michigan's Home of Intimate Performance with a seating capacity of about 600, every seat is the best seat in the house.
- Delta College Planetarium - Planetarium & Learning Center is a technologically-advanced planetarium. This planetarium hosts different types of events, from corporate to weddings.
- Lake Huron - Lake Huron, one of the Great Lakes chain, is located on the border between Canada and the United States. The lake is connected to Lake Michigan by the Straits of Mackinac, Lake Superior by the St. Mary's River and Lake Erie by the St. Clair River.
The busy Riverfront area boasts quiet parks, trails, playgrounds, concerts, and features skeletons of 19th century wooden ships peaking out of the Saginaw River from the place where they burned to their hulls so many years ago.