Our Community - Employers
Midland County and the surrounding areas enjoy a vibrant economy with a healthy blend of small-sized businesses with Fortune 500 companies and everything in between. Here are just some of the larger employers in the tri-city area:
- Michigan Sugar - Michigan Sugar Company was formed in 1906 when six independent, single factory, sugarbeet companies merged. Today, we have four operating factories (Bay City, Caro, Croswell, and Sebewaing) and three warehouse terminals located in Michigan and Ohio. Our Company became a cooperative in 2002, and is owned by over 1,000 sugarbeet growers. Our employees proudly process this locally grown, high quality crop into sugar to be sold under the brand names of Pioneer and Big Chief.
- Bay Medical Center - Bay Regional Medical Center is a provider of acute, specialty, primary, and preventive care services for Northeast Michigan.
- Independent Bank Corporation- Independent Bank is committed to providing exceptional personal service and value to its customers, its stockholders and the communities it serves.
- Nexteer Automotive - Nexteer Automotive knows its success is based on the talent and commitment of its employees. With a rich history of great products and a growing and globally diverse customer base, Nexteer Automotive offers exciting career opportunities worldwide.
- MidMichigan Health - providing coordinated programs in urgent care, hospital care, home care, nursing home care, managed care and wellness, as well as other specialty services
- Consumers Power - one of the nation's largest combination utilities, providing electric and natural gas service to more than 6 million Michigan residents
- St. Mary's Medical Center - a 268-bed regional medical center with specialty services for neuro, cardiac care, cancer, burn and trauma.